15 YEAR OLD PITCHES NO HITTER
Congratulations to Bethpage Eagles Nick Marotta, manager Jarrod Vera, for pitching his first 9 INNING NO HITTER. This was accomplished during the 2014 NJBL Fall season in the 15 American Division. Nick struck out 14 batters and had only one walk for the entire game. Bethpage won the game by a score of 5-0.
NJBL Monster Mash 2014
· WOOD BAT- we are offering a wood division for all ages during all seasons. As long as there is interest we will set it up. Contact me with additional questions.
· 10 YEAR OLDS- 10-75’ BASES OR 10-70' BASES- if you’re interested in a 10-75’ or a 10-70' division this year let me know. You will be able to sign up on line for that division. If we have enough teams we will go with it. We had very good response last year.
· 12-90’ DIVISION- a few managers have asked me to include a 12-90’ division for the spring and summer season. Usually we only do a 12-90’ for the fall season BUT if I have enough interest I will set up a division for the spring and summer as well. If you are interested either let me know, or, when you register for the season indicate 12-90’ on the registration form. If we have enough interest we will go with it. You can also consider playing up in a weak 13-year-old division if we don’t do a 12-90’ division.
· FIELDS- if your team is requesting a field from the TOWN OF HEMPSTEAD or the TOWN OF HUNTINGTON you must contact Frank Sullivan to let him know, by email, to email@example.com.
NOTE- There are Huntington field use charges. These fees go to the TOWN, not the league. Additionally, teams that are 13 and older must have a Town recreation ID card. Contact the Town for further information, 631 351 3103 about the card. Contact Frank Sullivan about Town field usage fees.
· The registration deadline for the SPRING is March 10. Your team must be registered on line at www.nationaljunior.com and we must have a $200 deposit on file by that date. The scheduling meeting date, time and location will be announced in early March. Managers that are registered and have a deposit on file will be notified. The SPRING season will begin the weekend of March 30. The registration deadline for the SUMMER: 13 and older- April 30; 12 and younger June 2. The 24 game summer season for the 13 and older begins the weekend of May 31, for 12 and younger the 16 game season begins the weekend of June 21. FOR 13 AND OLDER, AS WELL AS 12 AND YOUNGER, THE PLAYOFFS WILL BE OVER BY AUGUST 10, NO EXCEPTIONS.
· SIGNING UP- TO SIGN UP FOR ANY SEASON GO TO OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM AND CLICK ON TEAM REGISTRATION.
· PLAYOFFS- playoffs will be held the week of August 4 to August 10. The playoff format is outlined in our rules. Trophies will be awarded to the top two finishers in league play and to the WINNER of the playoffs.
· INSURANCE- remember- your liability and medical insurance is included in your league fee- your team must be registered and there must be a deposit on file with the league for your insurance to be effective. Our insurance runs from January 1 to Dec. 31 of the year that you are registered. The insurance is effective as long as you are registered and playing in the National Junior Baseball League (NJBL). It covers your players and coaches for liability and medical during practices, tournaments and games played in NY or outside of NY. It is a secondary insurance policy.
· TOP MANAGER AWARDS- NJBL umpires will vote on a top manager for all 3 seasons in the following divisions: 60’ bases and 75/ 90’ bases. The top managers will be presented with the Eric Reistetter Manager of the Year Award at the annual umpire dinner held in late November for that year. Eric, who died in a tragic accident in February 2007, was a well-respected person, manager and umpire, who knew and understood the game of baseball and enjoyed teaching the game to our youth. The award winners for 2013 were Ken Reilly- St Hugh Saints, JC Walsh- RVC Royals and Tom O’Donnell- Merillon Sharks.
· GIRLS SOFTBALL- If interested, please contact Glenn Confessore at 631 428-1635.
· TOURNAMENTS- (Memorial Day, Pre season bash, etc.) check our web site for tournament updates. There are handouts at tonight’s meeting. You may also contact Glenn Confessore at 631 428 1635.
· NEW WEB SITE- we are still in the process of updating our web site. The web site address is- WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM. This will remain the same.
· UMPIRE TRAINING- any members interested in joining our family of NJBL umpires please email me or let me know in person. Their training now includes CPR and AED instruction.
· CPR and AED TRAINING FOR MANAGERS- in 2014 we will be offering CPR/AED training to include NJBL managers. Some managers have expressed an interest and are on the list to be included in the class. Please let a NJBL representative know if you are interested before you leave tonight. You can do so at the check in desk in front of the Media Room. The fee to take the course is $35 per person. This will cover our costs to run the program. If you already let us know you are interested please confirm your name is on our list.
· CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM FOR LEAGUE FEES, UMPIRE FEES AND REGISTRATION DEADLINES. JUST CLICK ON ANNOUNCEMENTS THEN THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON IN THE MENU ON THE RIGHT. YOU MAY ALSO VIEW OUR RULES.
· BATS- 13 AND OLDER TEAMS- THE ONLY METAL BAT ALLOWED FOR 13 AND OLDER TEAMS IS THE 2 5/8 MINUS 3 BBCOR BAT. ANY WOOD BAT IS ALLOWED. NOTE- THERE IS NO MINUS REQUIREMENT FOR WOOD BATS.
75' bases:- any 2 1/4 metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite bat on our list (see list on our web site)
Any 2 3/4 minus 8 1/2 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 3/4 USSSA BPF 1.15 RATED BAT with label
Any 2 5/8 minus 10 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 5/8 USSSA BPF 1.15 RATED BAT- with label
60' bases- ONLY 2 1/4 bats- ANY 2 ¼ metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite barrel if it's on our list (Little League list on our web site), or, if it has the USSSA 1.15 BPF label on the barrel.
NOTE- any wood bat is allowed in any division, no minus requirement.
· NEW NJBL RULE for 2014- SLASH BUNTS- Slash bunts are prohibited on 60’ bases.
ALL MANAGERS ARE REQUIRED TO READ AND COMPLY WITH OUR “WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONSENT FORM”. YOU MAY ACCESS THAT FORM ON OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM JUST CLICK ON ANNOUNCEMENTS THEN GO TO THE MENU ON THE RIGHT AND CLICK ON “WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONSENT FORM”. PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS OF PLAYERS MUST READ AND ADHERE TO OUR CODE OF CONDUCT WHICH IS ALSO FOUND ON THE WEB SITE.
2014 ALLOWED BAT UPDATE
Bats allowed in the NJBL
13 and older on 90' bases- ONLY BBCOR 2 5/8 minus 3
75' BASES:- any 2 1/4 metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite bat on our
list (see web site)
any 2 3/4 minus 8 1/2 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 3/4 USSSA BPF 1.15 rated bat with label
any 2 5/8 minus 10 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 5/8 USSSA BPF 1.15 rated bat with label
60' BASES- ONLY 2 1/4 bats, ANY metal barrel bat or Composite barrel if it's on our list (Little League list on our web site), or, any 2 1/4 composite bat with the USSSA 1.15 BPF label on the barrel.
NOTE- any wood bats are also allowed- no minus requirement.
12-90 DIVISION RULES
The 12-90 teams use the SAME RULES AS THE 12-75' DIVISIONS except for the base and pitching dimensions.
You may use the same bats that 12-75 teams use, the same game length (6 innings and 2 hour time limit) and the same umpire fees -$60
The ONLY difference is the base and pitching dimensions.
CATCHER'S HEAD PROTECTION
Since the NJBL uses HS Federation Rules all catchers MUST have full ear protection. The HS Federation rule reads- "any helmet or helmet and mask combination shall have full ear protection(dual ear flaps).
Effective forthwith this is the rule we will adhere to. This is also now part of the NJBL rules, effective 6/19/2013.
This is a SAFETY ISSUE and ALL teams must comply.
COPYING A ROSTER FROM A PRIOR SEASON
HOW TO ENTER PLAYER ROSTER
NOTE- IF YOU ARE A RETURNING TEAM YOU MAY COPY YOUR ROSTER FROM A PREVIOUS SEASON SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ENTER IT AGAIN. TO DO SO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS: go to the web site, sign on, click on TEAM REGISTRATION then click on the registration number for the current season. When that window appears you will see the follow directions- "You can select a previous team from the drop down below and copy that team's roster to this team. This will delete any roster entries you have already made for the current team (including pitch counts) and this action cannot be undone". This will make it easier to enter your roster. Remember - once you enter this roster for that season it will become your official roster. You may still add or delete players once this is accomplished.
CANCELLATIONS DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER
INCLEMENT WEATHER CANCELLATIONS- IMPORTANT- TO CANCEL UMPIRE(S)BECAUSE OF RAIN, OTHER INCLEMENT WEATHER OR POOR FIELD PLAYING CONDITIONS (MINIMUM ONE HOUR NOTICE) DO THE FOLLOWING: GO TO THE WEB SITE, ENTER YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD, CLICK ON CURRENT TEAMS THEN CLICK ON SCHEDULE. CLICK ON THE LETTERS IN THE UMPIRE COLUMN OF THE GAME THAT YOU WANT TO CANCEL AND THE UMPIRE COORDINATOR WITH HIS NUMBER WILL APPEAR. IF THE UMPIRE ASSIGNED IS CR, THE UMPIRE SHOULD CALL YOU. YOU MAY ALSO CALL THE UMPIRE COORDINATOR, Carolyn , AT 516-351-8936 IF THE UMPIRE HAS NOT CONTACTED YOU. DO NOT CALL THE DISPATCHER UNLESS THE UMPIRE HAS NOT SHOWN FOR YOUR GAME.
IF THE UMPIRE ASSIGNED IS WS PLEASE CALL THE UMPIRE DISPATCHER, BOB SOMELOFSKE, . THE HOME FIELD MANAGER, (THAT`S HOME FIELD MANAGER- NOT HOME TEAM MANAGER), IS RESPONSIBLE FOR CALLING THE UMPIRES AND OPPOSING MANAGER IN THE EVENT OF POOR WEATHER. IF YOU ARE PLAYING ON A TOWN OF HEMPSTEAD FIELD, THE PHONE NUMBER OF THE PARK IS LISTED ON THE PERMIT. CALL THAT NUMBER IF THERE IS A CHANCE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER TO SEE IF THEY CLOSED THE FIELD. IF A FIELD HAS BEEN CLOSED BY THE TOWN YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR NOTIFYING THE OPPOSING MANAGER AND UMPIRE(S).
YOU MUST NOT PLAY ON A TOWN FIELD IF THEY HAVE TOLD YOU IT`S CLOSED! ON ANY TOWN FIELD, ESPECIALLY HUNTINGTON OR HEMPSTEAD, YOU MAY NOT ADD ANY KITTY LITTER OR BROOM WATER FROM THE FIELD. YOU MAY DO LIGHT RAKING OR ADD AN APPROVED DRYING AGENT.
ENTERING SCORES- REPORTING PITCHING
TO ENTER SCORES: go to our web site at www.nationaljunior.com, enter your username and password at the top, click enter, click on CURRENT TEAMS under MY TEAMS in the menu on the left. When your details come up click on SCHEDULE on the right. Go to the right and click on the game you wish to enter scores for under ENTER SCORE.
PITCH COUNT- You enter the PITCH COUNT when you enter the scores
ROSTERS-You may enter ROSTERS now. Keep a copy of your roster with a copy of birth certificates during game time.
ALL STAR VOTING- will be available for the summer season.
RULES FOR 9 INNING GAMES
Time limit-3 hours (no inning may begin after that time limit has been reached),
Mercy- ten(10) runs after six innings.
Official game- six innings, 5 ½ if home team is ahead. If a 9 inning game is played in lieu of a doubleheader then the score of the game is entered twice and the pitching is split between the two entrys.
Umpire fee- $90